Senior Analytics Engineer
We are looking for a Senior Analytics Engineer to joing the Data Science and Analytics Team of an award winning off-grid solar energy and incluisve finance provider.
The Analytics Engineer will multiply the effectiveness of everyone in the wider data team by creating, sharing, and making easy the data systems that workflows are built on. The vision is to be the smartest company in Africa and you will play a crucial part in that.
With over a million customers across multiple geographies, data is essential to both everyday operations and business decisions. Analytic engineerings sits at the intersection of Data Science and Analytics, Reporting and Data Engineering.
You’ll join a small team with autonomy to improve the data team’s workflows. Analytics Engineering is a relatively new field, so we welcome applicants from Data Analysts who tend towards repeatability and automation to Data Engineers who are interested in the business domain, data scientists who understand that clean data is more important than another 1000 epochs, or software engineers who want the perfect entry into the data space.
- Experience with python and orchestration tools such as Airflow.
- Experience with dbt or a similar tool.
- Experience with using automated deployment pipelines.
- Experience with distributed compute tools such as Spark.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure, similar cloud providers and tools also a plus
- Familiarity with agile data ops development processes, unit testing, source control,
- continuous integration, etc.
- Experience with data visualisation tools such as PowerBI