Leader in off-grid solar energy and inclusive finance.
You will be joining a full distributed team, building back end services to power the world’s leading off-grid home solar energy system and cutting-edge payments/credit platform.
With over 1 million customers across Sub-Saharan Africa and growing, as a backend engineer you will be contributing to scalability and reliability across a high-volume customer facing platform. You will work with a small cross functional team to deliver solidly architected + tested services, and to maintain those services in production.
As well as competitive salary and bonus you will receive a generous training budget as well as extra leave for courses and technology meet-ups.
- Experience shipping high-quality backend code into production.
- Experience orchestrating and managing cloud infrastructure (preferably in the infrastructure-as-code paradigm, or a willingness to learn)
- Comfort with the devops culture, and with the idea of being involved with the management of the systems that you build through their entire lifecycle.
- Collaborative spirit and a strong desire to learn from teammates and to work as part of a team that is greater than the sum of its parts.
- Experience with C#, Azure Kubernetes Services would be advantageous but not for the right candidate not a prerequisite.
- Experience building software for the financial services industry would be an asset.